cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Thrift Java Client - Get a column family from a Keyspace
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2011 23:54:35 GMT
> Currently the only way for that would be iterating through the list of column families
returned by the getCf_defs() method.

Yes.

BTW most people access cassandra via a higher level client, for the Java peeps tend to use
either  Hector or Pelops. Aside from not having to code against thrift they also provide connection
management and retry features that are dead handy.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 14 Jul 2011, at 23:59, Chandrasekhar M wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been playing around with Cassandra and its Java Thrift Client.
>
> From my understanding, one could get/retrieve a Keyspace, KsDef object, using the describe_keyspace(String
name) method on the Cassandra.Client object.

> Subsequently, one could get a list of all the ColumnFamily definitions in a keyspace,
using the getCf_defs() method on the KsDef Object.

> Is there a way to get a single ColumnFamily if I know the name of the columnfamily (just
a convenience function) ?

> Currently the only way for that would be iterating through the list of column families
returned by the getCf_defs() method.

> Thanks in Advance
> Chandra
>

> Register for Impetus Webinar on ‘Device Side Performance Optimization of Mobile Apps’,
July 08 (10:00 am Pacific Time). Impetus is presenting a Cassandra case study on July 11 as
a sponsor for Cassandra SF 2011 in San Francisco.

> Click http://www.impetus.com to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling

interception or interference.