cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Pope <Stephen.P...@quest.com>
Subject RE: BulkLoader
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:47:43 GMT
 I think I've solved my own problem here. After generating the sstable using json2sstable it
looks like I can simply copy the created sstable into my data directory.

 Can anyone think of any potential problems with doing it this way?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Pope [mailto:Stephen.Pope@quest.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:32 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: BulkLoader

 I'm trying to figure out how to use the BulkLoader, and it looks like there's no way to run
it against a local machine, because of this:

                Set<InetAddress> hosts = Gossiper.instance.getLiveMembers();
                hosts.remove(FBUtilities.getLocalAddress());
                if (hosts.isEmpty())
                    throw new IllegalStateException("Cannot load any sstable, no live member
found in the cluster");

 Is this intended behavior? May I ask why? We'd like to be able to run it against the local
machine.

 Cheers,
 Steve