cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <>
Subject Re: Storing counters in the standard column families along with non-counter columns ?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:57:21 GMT
If you can provide some more details on the use case we may be able to provide some data model

You can always use a dedicated CF for the counters, and use the same row key.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer

On 12/07/2011, at 6:36 AM, Aditya Narayan <> wrote:

> Oops that's really very much disheartening and it could seriously impact our plans for
going live in near future. Without this facility I guess counters currently have very little
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Chris Burroughs <> wrote:
> On 07/10/2011 01:09 PM, Aditya Narayan wrote:
> > Is there any target version in near future for which this has been promised
> > ?
> The ticket is problematic in that it would -- unless someone has a
> clever new idea -- require breaking thrift compatibility to add it to
> the api.  Since is unfortunate since it would be so useful.
> If it's in the 0.8.x series it will only be through CQL.

View raw message