cassandra-user mailing list archives

From AJ ...@dude.podzone.net>
Subject Command Request: rename a column
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 07:22:54 GMT

I think it would be really cool to be able to rename a column, or, more
generally, a move command to move data from one column to another in the
same CF without the client having to read and resend the column value.
This would be *extremely* powerful, imo.  I suspect the execution would
be quick and could even be made atomic (per node) as I suspect it would
mostly entail only reference updates.  Has anything like this been
discussed before?  Seems like such a natural operation for a
hash-table-like data store.

aj