Thanks, Jonathan.   Both machines do have the exact same seed list.

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Jonathan Ellis <> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 11:21 AM, David McNelis
<> wrote:
> I want to make sure I'm not seeing things from a weird perspective.  I have
> two Cassandra instances where one is set to be the seed, with autobootstap
> disabled and its seed being
> The second instance has autobootstrap enabled and the seed IP set to the IP
> of the first node.

Seed lists should _always_ be identical on each machine (which implies
they should _never_ be localhost, in a multinode configuration).

Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

David McNelis
Lead Software Engineer
Agentis Energy
o: 630.359.6395
c: 219.384.5143

A Smart Grid technology company focused on helping consumers of energy control an often under-managed resource.