cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra.yaml
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:21:02 GMT
The change to the remove the calls to DatabaseDecriptor were in this commit on the 0.8 branch
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/commit/fe122c8c7d9ca0f002d5f394b4414dc91f278d1f

It looks like it did not make it over to the 0.8.0 branch 
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-0.8.0/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/config/CFMetaData.java#L642

It is in the trunk and the current trunk and builds. Can you try the nightly here 
https://builds.apache.org/job/Cassandra-0.8/

Hope that helps. 

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17 Jun 2011, at 20:52, Vivek Mishra wrote:

> Thanks Aaron. But I tried it with 0.8.0 release only!
>  
> From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com] 
> Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 1:55 PM
> To: user@cassandra.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Cassandra.yaml
>  
> sounds like 
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2694
>  
> Cheers
>  
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>  
> On 17 Jun 2011, at 20:10, Vivek Mishra wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi Sasha,
> This is what I am trying . I can sense this is happening with JDBCDriver stuff.
> 
>        public static void main(String[] args) {
>                try {
>                        java.sql.Connection con = null;
>                        Class.forName("org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraDriver");
>                        con = DriverManager
>                                        .getConnection("jdbc:cassandra:root/root@localhost:9160/Key1");
> //                      con.
>                        System.out.println(con !=null);
> 
>                } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
>                        e.printStackTrace();
>                } catch (SQLException e) {
>                        e.printStackTrace();
>                }
>        }
> 
> Getting following error:
> org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException: Cannot locate cassandra.yaml
>        at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.getStorageConfigURL(DatabaseDescriptor.java:111)
> at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.<clinit>(DatabaseDescriptor.java:121)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.config.CFMetaData.fromThrift(CFMetaData.java:642)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.ColumnDecoder.<init>(ColumnDecoder.java:61)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.Connection.execute(Connection.java:142)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.Connection.execute(Connection.java:124)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraConnection.<init>(CassandraConnection.java:83)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraDriver.connect(CassandraDriver.java:86)
>        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
>        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
> 
> 
> 
> Ideally it should get it . Not sure what is the issue.
> 
> -Vivek
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sasha Dolgy [mailto:sdolgy@gmail.com]
> Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 1:31 PM
> To: user@cassandra.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Cassandra.yaml
> 
> Hi Vivek,
> 
> When I write client code in Java, using Hector, I don't specify a cassandra.yaml ...
I specify the host(s) and keyspace I want to connect to.  Alternately, I specify the host(s)
and create the keyspace if the one I would like to use doesn't exist (new cluster for example).
 At no point do I use yaml file with my client code....
> 
> The conf/cassandra.yaml is there to tell the cassandra server how to behave / operate
when it starts ...
> 
> -sd
> 
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Vivek Mishra <vivek.mishra@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> 
>  
> I have a query:
>  
> I have my Cassandra server running on my local machine and it has
> loaded Cassandra specific settings from
>  
> apache-cassandra-0.8.0-src/apache-cassandra-0.8.0-src/conf/cassandra.y
> aml
>  
> Now If I am writing a java program to connect to this server why do I
> need to provide a new Cassandra.yaml file again?  Even if server is
> already up and running
>  
> Even if I can create keyspaces, columnfamilies programmatically?  Isn’t it some type
of redundancy?
>  
> Might be my query is a bit irrelevant.
>  
> -Vivek
> 
> ________________________________
> 
> Write to us for a Free Gold Pass to the Cloud Computing Expo, NYC to attend a live session
by Head of Impetus Labs on ‘Secrets of Building a Cloud Vendor Agnostic PetaByte Scale Real-time
Secure Web Application on the Cloud ‘.
> 
> Looking to leverage the Cloud for your Big Data Strategy ? Attend Impetus webinar on
May 27 by registering athttp://www.impetus.com/webinar?eventid=42 .
> 
> 
> NOTE: This message may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged
or otherwise protected by law. The message is intended solely for the named addressee. If
received in error, please destroy and notify the sender. Any use of this email is prohibited
when received in error. Impetus does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee, that the integrity
of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, virus,
interception or interference.
>  
> 
> 
> Write to us for a Free Gold Pass to the Cloud Computing Expo, NYC to attend a live session
by Head of Impetus Labs on ‘Secrets of Building a Cloud Vendor Agnostic PetaByte Scale Real-time
Secure Web Application on the Cloud ‘. 
> 
> Looking to leverage the Cloud for your Big Data Strategy ? Attend Impetus webinar on
May 27 by registering at http://www.impetus.com/webinar?eventid=42 .
> 
> 
> NOTE: This message may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged
or otherwise protected by law. The message is intended solely for the named addressee. If
received in error, please destroy and notify the sender. Any use of this email is prohibited
when received in error. Impetus does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee, that the integrity
of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, virus,
interception or interference.


Mime
View raw message