cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replacement for KsDef.replication_factor (deprecated in 0.8 API)
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:13:44 GMT
The replacement is to use the replication_factor variable in strategy options.  If you look
in http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.8.0/conf/schema-sample.txt you
can see an example of that.

The issue to do that was https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1263

The reasoning was that NetworkTopologyStrategy defines replication factor per datacenter (in
strategy_options).  In 0.7 the global replication_factor in that case is redundant and isn't
enforced because the real replication factor is in the strategy options.   CASSANDRA-1263
pushes that down to the strategy options so that it would be controlled in one place - the
strategy_options.