cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Kesselman <jef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JRockit
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 14:55:28 GMT
Well, my information is old...

But back in the heyday of VMs, JRockit really only had one specific
area of performance advantage, which was in message passing, and all
their benchmarks were tweaked to play to that.

Id say its not coincidence that oracle has made this free shortly
after they acquired Hotspot and the Hotspot team.  This looks like an
EOL to me.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Daniel Doubleday
<daniel.doubleday@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> now that JRockit is available for free and the claims are there that it has better performance
and gc I wanted to know if anybody out here has done any testing / benchmarking yet.

--
It's always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.