cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sasha Dolgy <>
Subject Re: Storing files in blob into Cassandra
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:22:34 GMT

Of significance from that link (which was great until feeling lucky
was removed...):

Google of terms cassandra large files + feeling lucky

--- store your images / documents / etc. somewhere and reference them
in Cassandra.  That's the consensus that's been bandied about on this
list quite frequently.  we employ a solution that uses Amazon S3 for
storage and Cassandra as the reference to the meta data and location
of the files.  works a treat

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Damien Picard <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to store some files (Images, documents, etc.) for my users in a
> webapp. I use Cassandra for all of my data and I would like to know if this
> is a good idea to store these files into blob on a Cassandra CF ?
> Is there some contraindications, or special things to know to achieve this ?
> Thank you

View raw message