cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <>
Subject Re: Concurrency: Does C* support a Happened-Before relation between processes' writes?
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 14:24:06 GMT
I played around with the bakery algorithm and had ok success the
challenges are most implementations assume an n size array of fixed
clients and when you get it working it turns out to be a good number
of cassandra ops to acquire your bakery lock.

On Saturday, June 25, 2011, AJ <> wrote:
> On 6/24/2011 2:27 PM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> Might be able to do it with
>  "It is
> remarkable that this algorithm is not built on top of some lower level
> "atomic" operation, e.g. compare-and-swap."
> This looks like it may work.  Jonathan, have you guru's discussed this algorithm before
and come to a consensus on it by chance?

View raw message