cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jake Luciani <jak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When should I use Solandra?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 00:29:32 GMT
On Saturday, June 4, 2011, Kirk Peterson <necrobious@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the OP was asking if you can use the same Cassandra cluster that Solandra is
integrated with to store non-Solandra in a different keyspace. This would remove the need
to run two Cassandra clusters, one for storing his Solandra index, and another for his other
data.

Yes. Both services are running. Cassandra thrift and solr

> I'm not sure if Solandra supports this, but I would start by checking to see if the Cassandra
thrift daemon is binding when running the Solandra server. If the thrift daemon for cassandra
is available , then there is a good chance (albeit, I'm not sure how you would configure it)
that it would be possible, so long as you didn't mess with the Solandra keyspace.

--
http://twitter.com/tjake