cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Khanh Nguyen <nguyen.h.kh...@gmail.com>
Subject set up a cassandra cluster with ByteOrderedPartitioner using whirr?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 14:57:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm struggling to set up a cassandra cluster with
ByteOrderedPartitioner using whirr. (I'm not sure if the issue is
caused by Cassandra or Whirr so I cc-ed both lists).

Here are the steps I took

- use whirr to lauch a cassandra (version 0.8) cluster
- ssh into each instances and do
1) kill cassandra
2) edit "partitioner" field in cassandra.yaml from
"org.apache.cassandra.dht.RandomPartitioner" to
"org.apache.cassandra.dht.ByteOrderedPartitioner"
3) edit 'JMX_PORT" in cassandra-env.sh from 7199 to 8080 (whirr bind
JMX to port 8080)
3) delete "/var/lib/cassandra/data"
4) run cassandra again

in the end, I got my cluster back but when I do 'describe cluster'
inside cassandra-cli, it shows the cluster is still running
RandomPartitioner. What am I missing? Thanks.

Regards,

-k