cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Kesselman <jef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CQL How to do
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 00:47:47 GMT
Fair enough.

I do have to keep reminding myself that a REST interface requires text.
And it does make more sense, at least, when coming from a human as
opposed to when you make a computer spend cycles converting binary to
text just so another computer can spend cycles turning it back again.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 8:01 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> From what I've seen of CQL there is no comparison between the potential complexity of
a CQL statement and that of a SQL statement. IMHO CQL is more or less a human readable form
of the current API, it does not add features. SQL statements are arbitrarily complex and may
generate many possible query plans which need to be somehow compared and optimised.

> I'll add another pro to using CQL, it will be a lot easier for people to describe a query
they have sent to the server. It will make the helping people using multiple languages a bit
easier if they can grab a log record and post the query they sent.

--
It's always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.