cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: how to know there are some columns in a row
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 00:08:48 GMT
You can create columns without values.

Are you talking about reading them back through the API ?

I would suggest looking at your data model to see if there is a better way to support your
read patterns.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 6 Jun 2011, at 10:18, Patrick de Torcy wrote:

> It would be definetely useful to be able to have columns (or super columns) names WITHOUT
their values. If these ones are pretty big or if there are a lot of columns, that would generate
traffic not necessarily needed (if in the end you are just interrested by some column).