cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: get_indexed_slices ~ simple map-reduce
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 19:25:07 GMT
Not exactly sure what you mean here, all data access is through the thrift API unless you code
java and embed cassandra in your app.

As well as Pig support there is also Hive support in brisk (which will also have Pig support
soon) http://www.datastax.com/products/brisk

Can you provide some more info on the use case ? Personally if you have a read query you know
you need to support, I would consider supporting it in the data model without secondary indexes.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton