cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roland Gude <roland.g...@yoochoose.com>
Subject AW: Column value type
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:40:29 GMT
There is a comparator type (fort he name) and a validation type (for the value)
If you have set the validation to be UTF8 you can only store data that is valid UTF8 there.
The default validation is BytesType so it should accept everything unless otherwise specified.

I cannot tell anything regarding pycassa client side validation though.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: osishkin osishkin [mailto:osishkin@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2011 13:14
An: user@cassandra.apache.org
Betreff: Column value type

Is there a limitation on the data type of a column value (not column
name) in cassandra?
I'm saving data using a pycassa client, for a UTF8 column family, and
I get an error when I try saving integer data values.
Only when convert the values to string can I save the data.
Looking at the pycassa code it seems to prevent me from sending non-string data.
It doesn't make sense to me, since as far as I understood things, the
type should apply only to column names (for comparison etc.).
Am I wrong?

Thank you