cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Querying superColumn
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:16:54 GMT
Correct. But that will not solve issue of data colocation(data locality) ?

From: Sasha Dolgy [mailto:sdolgy@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:47 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Querying superColumn

Have 1 row with employee info for country/office/division, each column an employee id and
json info about the employee or a reference.to.another row id for that employee data....

No more supercolumn.
On Jun 16, 2011 1:56 PM, "Vivek Mishra" <vivek.mishra@impetus.co.in<mailto:vivek.mishra@impetus.co.in>>
wrote:
> I have a question about querying super column
>
> For example:
>
> I have a supercolumnFamily DEPARTMENT with dynamic superColumn 'EMPLOYEE'( name, country).
>
> Now for rowKey 'DEPT1' I have inserted multiple super column like:
>
> Employee1{
> Name: Vivek
> country: India
> }
>
> Employee2{
> Name: Vivs
> country: USA
> }
>

> Now if I want to retrieve a super column whose rowkey is 'DEPT1' and employee name is
'Vivek'. Can I get only 'EMPLOYEE1' ?

> -Vivek
>
> ________________________________
>
> Write to us for a Free Gold Pass to the Cloud Computing Expo, NYC to attend a live session
by Head of Impetus Labs on 'Secrets of Building a Cloud Vendor Agnostic PetaByte Scale Real-time
Secure Web Application on the Cloud '.

> Looking to leverage the Cloud for your Big Data Strategy ? Attend Impetus webinar on
May 27 by registering at http://www.impetus.com/webinar?eventid=42 .

interception or interference.

Write to us for a Free Gold Pass to the Cloud Computing Expo, NYC to attend a live session
by Head of Impetus Labs on 'Secrets of Building a Cloud Vendor Agnostic PetaByte Scale Real-time
Secure Web Application on the Cloud '.

Looking to leverage the Cloud for your Big Data Strategy ? Attend Impetus webinar on May 27
by registering at http://www.impetus.com/webinar?eventid=42 .

or interference.