cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Cassandra.yaml
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:52:51 GMT
Thanks Aaron. But I tried it with 0.8.0 release only!

From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 1:55 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra.yaml

sounds like

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17 Jun 2011, at 20:10, Vivek Mishra wrote:

Hi Sasha,
This is what I am trying . I can sense this is happening with JDBCDriver stuff.

               try {
                       java.sql.Connection con = null;
                       Class.forName("org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraDriver");
                       con = DriverManager
                                       .getConnection("jdbc:cassandra:root/root@localhost:9160/Key1");
//                      con.
                       System.out.println(con !=null);

               } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
                       e.printStackTrace();
               } catch (SQLException e) {
                       e.printStackTrace();
               }
       }

Getting following error:
org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException: Cannot locate cassandra.yaml
       at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.getStorageConfigURL(DatabaseDescriptor.java:111)
at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.<clinit>(DatabaseDescriptor.java:121)
       at org.apache.cassandra.config.CFMetaData.fromThrift(CFMetaData.java:642)
       at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.ColumnDecoder.<init>(ColumnDecoder.java:61)
       at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.Connection.execute(Connection.java:142)
       at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.Connection.execute(Connection.java:124)
       at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraConnection.<init>(CassandraConnection.java:83)
       at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraDriver.connect(CassandraDriver.java:86)
       at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
       at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

Ideally it should get it . Not sure what is the issue.

-Vivek