cassandra-user mailing list archives

From AJ ...@dude.podzone.net>
Subject Re: Storing Accounting Data
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 21:57:27 GMT
On 6/21/2011 3:14 PM, Anand Somani wrote:
> Not sure if it is that simple, a quorum can fail with writes happening
> on some nodes (there is no rollback). Also there is no concept of
> atomic compare-and-swap.

Good points.  I suppose what I need is for the client to implement the
part of ACID that C* does not.  So, right off the bat, can anyone tell
me if that is even possible conceptually?  If so, please throw out some
terms that I can wiki and some Java API's would be much appreciated as
well.  Also, can I accomplish this or make things easier by imposing
some restrictions, such as only allowing single-user access to the data
for certain operations?

Thanks!