cassandra-user mailing list archives

From AJ ...@dude.podzone.net>
Subject Re: Docs: Token Selection
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 16:07:24 GMT
Thanks Jonathan.  I assumed since each data center owned the full key
space that the first replica would be stored in the dc of the
coordinating node, the 2nd in another dc, and the 3rd+ back in the 1st
dc.  But, are you saying that the first endpoint is selected regardless
of the location of the coordinating node?  Are you saying that the
starting endpoint is the one closest to the row token regardless of the
dc?  So, it is possible that a replica might not even get stored in the
dc of the coordinator at all depending on how many dc's there are, rf,
starting token assignments, etc.?