cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Migration question
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 03:50:22 GMT

El 6/14/2011 1:43 PM, Eric Czech escribió:
> Thanks Aaron.  I'll make sure to copy the system tables.
>
> Another thing -- do you have any suggestions on raid configurations
> for main data drives?  We're looking at RAID5 and 10 and I can't seem
> to find a convincing argument one way or the other.
Well, I learned from administrating other databases (like PostgreSQL and
Oracle) that RAID 10 is the best solution for data. With RAID 5, the
discs suffer a lot for the excesive I/O and It can arrive to
data lost. You can search about the "RAID 5 Write Hole" to view this.

--
Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
  Software Engineer (UCI)