cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: get_indexed_slices count api
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 04:48:00 GMT
The best thing to do is log into jira and vote for the feature so others know people are interested
in it.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 1 Jun 2011, at 09:21, Donal Zang wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm query on cassandra like "select count(*) from table where column1 = v1 and ...",
based on a secondary index on column1.
> But using get_indexed_slices(), I have to fetch all the rows and count on them, which
is not needed.
> So a get_indexed_slices count api [1] would be very helpful, but it seems no one is working
on this now. (I see it's related to [2], which is blocked by [3])

CF-based indexes by myself like  http://www.anuff.com/2010/07/secondary-indexes-in-cassandra.html?