cassandra-user mailing list archives

From earltbj <earl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SimpleAuth‚Äčenticator
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:03:47 GMT
Found the fix myself, and wanted to share the resolution.  Documentation
states that the "cassandra.in.sh" file needs to be updated with the
following values, if the properties files exist in the directory I've
stipulated:

JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Dpasswd.properties=/etc/cassandra/passwd.properties"
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Daccess.properties=/etc/cassandra/access.properties"

Turns out that "cassandra.in.sh" was not being called at all during start
up.  Not sure if this is a bug or not, but to get around the issue I
inserted the two lines above into the "cassandra-env.sh" file, started up
the instance and ... the database comes up and I get prompted the following:

root@cassandra1:/etc/cassandra# cassandra-cli
Welcome to cassandra CLI.

Type 'help;' or '?' for help. Type 'quit;' or 'exit;' to quit.
[default@unknown] connect 11.1.11.111/9160;
Login failure. Did you specify 'keyspace', 'username' and 'password'?
[default@unknown]