cassandra-user mailing list archives

From David Strauss <da...@davidstrauss.net>
Subject Re: Sharing Cassandra with Solandra
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:39:19 GMT
On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 15:06 -0600, AJ wrote:
> Would anyone care to talk about their experiences with using Solandra
> along side another application that uses Cassandra (also on the same
> node)?  I'm curious about any resource contention issues or
> compatibility between C* versions and Sol.  Also, I read the developer
> somewhere say that you have to run Solandra on every C* node in the
> ring.  I'm not sure if I interpreted that correctly.  Also, what's the
> index size to data size ratio to expect (ballpark)?  How does it
> perform?  Any caveats?

We're currently keeping the clusters separate at Pantheon Systems
because our core API (which runs on standard Cassandra) is often ready
for the next Cassandra version at a different time than Solandra.
Solandra recently gained dual 0.7/0.8 support, but we're still opting to
use the version on Cassandra that Solandra is primarily being built and
tested on (which is currently 0.8).