cassandra-user mailing list archives

From mcasandra <>
Subject How to create data model from RDBMS ERD
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:43:16 GMT
How should one go about creating a data model from RDBMS ER into Big Table
Data model? For eg: RDBMS has many indexes required for queries and I think
this is the most important aspect when desiging the data model in Big Table.

I was initially planning to denormalize into one CF and use secondary
indexes. However I also read that creating secondary indexes have
performance impact. So other option is to create inverted index. But it also
seems to be bad to have too many CFs. We have requirements to support high
volume min of 500 writes + 500 reads per sec.

What would you advise?

Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message