cassandra-user mailing list archives

From H├ęctor Izquierdo Seliva <izquie...@strands.com>
Subject Retrieving a column from a fat row vs retrieving a single row
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 15:12:47 GMT
Hi,

I have an index I use to translate ids. I usually only read a column at
a time, and it's becoming a bottleneck. I could rewrite the application
to read a bunch at a time but it would make the application logic much
harder, as it would involve buffering incoming data.

As far as I know, to read a single column cassandra will deserialize a
bunch of them and then pick the correct one (64KB of data right?)

Would it be faster to have a row for each id I want to translate? This
would make keycache less effective, but the amount of data read should
be smaller.

Thanks!