cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Are data migration tools for Cassandra exist?
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 02:51:14 GMT
Depends on your scale, you can either code something yourself through the API or take advantage
of the Hadoop integration and run jobs that read and write the data back. In either case you
can change the code first to write to the new column as well as the old, then update all existing
data, then change the code to read from the new field.

When you change the comparator the existing data is not migrated. Some changes are backwards
compatible, e.g. moving from BytesType to any other type, AsciiType to UTF8Type, moving from
LongType to IntegerType.

What sort of change did you want to do?

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton