cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin" <thebachel...@gmail.com>
Subject How to delete UUIDs from the CLI?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 00:48:49 GMT
Currently I'm using a client (Pelops) to insert UUIDs (both lexical and
time) in to Cassandra. I haven't yet implemented a facility to remove them
with Pelops; i'm testing and refining the insertion mechanism.

As such, I would like to use the CLI to delete test UUID values. It seems,
however, that I'm unable to delete UUID rowkeys and columns with the del
command. Is there something I'm missing? I have to use "assume as" to list
the rows in column families with UUID row keys, but deleting the displayed
row keys does not delete the entries.

I can view columns with UUID values without "assume as" (provided they're
not contained in rows with UUID keys), but I am unable to delete them from
the CLI as well. Is it not possible to do this from the CLI, or is there
something I'm overlooking?