Thank you, I will look into that and I will probably wait until there is an "out of the box" comparator. But it's an excellent new feature !

Regards,
Victor K.

2011/5/5 Eric Evans <eevans@rackspace.com>
On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 10:49 -0400, Victor Kabdebon wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>
> Compound columns seem to be a very interesting feature. Do you have any idea
> in which Cassandra version it is going to be introduced : 0.8.X or 0.9.X ?

You can use these today with a custom comparator[1].  There is an open
issue[2] (marked as for-0.8.1) to ship one out-of-the-box.

Language support[3] for CQL will probably take a bit longer.

[1]: https://github.com/edanuff/CassandraCompositeType
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2231
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2474