cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Vs. Oracle Coherence
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 11:58:14 GMT
That's completely wrong.

TimesTen and Coherence are 2 separate products sold by Oracle.
Coherence is a data grid that takes a key/value approach. It is
massively scalable across LAN and WAN.

In terms of comparing Cassandra and Coherence, I wouldn't. Coherence
is a data grid and most often used as a fault tolerant distributed
cache, though it does a lot more than that. Oracle bought Tangosol a
few years back.