cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Yang <teddyyyy...@gmail.com>
Subject batch dump of data from cassandra?
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 04:19:34 GMT
let's say periodically (daily) I need to dump out the contents of my
Cassandra DB, and do a import into oracle , or some other custom data
stores,
is there a way to do it?

I checked that you can do multi-get() but you probably can't pass the
entire key domain into the API, cuz the entire db would be returned on
a single thrift call, and probably overflow the
API? plus multi-get underneath just sends out per-key lookups one by
one, while I really do not care about which key corresponds to which
result, a simple scraping of the underlying SSTable would
be perfect, because I could utilize the file cache coherency as I read
down the file.

Thanks
Yang