cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Decommissioning node is causing broken pipe error
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 06:21:28 GMT
> It's no longer recommended to run nodetool compact regularly as it can mean
> that some tombstones do not get to be purged for a very long time.

I think this is a mis-typing; it used to be that major compactions
were necessary to remove tombstones, but this is no longer the case in
0.7 so that the need for major compactions is significantly lessened
or even eliminated. However, running major compactions won't cause
tombstones *not* to be removed; it's just not required *in order* for
them to be removed.

--
/ Peter Schuller