cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Amrita Jayakumar <amritajayakuma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem in starting the cassandra single node setup
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 04:58:41 GMT
Hi Maki,

I am trying to install apache-cassandra-0.7.6-2.
Here are the steps i followed as per the readme file.

   tar -zxvf apache-cassandra-0.7.6-2.tar.gz
   cd apache-cassandra-0.7.6-2
   sudo mkdir -p /var/log/cassandra
   sudo chown -R `whoami` /var/log/cassandra
   sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/cassandra
   sudo chown -R `whoami` /var/lib/cassandra

Now is there any configuration settings to be made in
apache-cassandra-0.7.6-2/conf/ before i fire

   bin/cassandra -f ???

If so then which all are the that i should change???

Thanks and Regards,
Amrita