cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Pfammatter <steplmi4...@gmail.com>
Subject Measure Latency
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 03:11:29 GMT
What’s the recommended way of measuring latency between nodes in a cluster?

By that I’m not referring to read/write latency for a given KS/CF.

Basically I want to inject a row in a node A and want to see how long it
takes to get to node B (assuming proper RF is set).

I have already some network monitoring in our windows environment between my
distributed nodes in place. But I still would like to get a handle on how a
potential network and/or cassandra slowness affects inter-node latency.
Maybe there is a tool/cmd that I'm not aware of? Tx.