cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Keyspace creation error on 0.8 beta2
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 01:02:48 GMT
I download a fresh 0.8 beta2 and create keyspaces fine - including the ones below.

I don't know if there are relics of a previous install somewhere or something wonky about
the classpath.  You said that you might have /var/lib/cassandra data left over so one thing
to try is starting fresh there as well.

(we talked about this in IRC but just updating the user thread)

On May 11, 2011, at 7:31 PM, Sameer Farooqui wrote:

> FYI - creating the keyspace with the syntax below works in beta1, just not beta2.
>
> jeromatron on the IRC channel commented that it looks like the java classpath is using
the wrong library dependency for commons lang in beta2.

> - Sameer
>

> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Sameer Farooqui <cassandralabs@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I run this from the Cassandra CMD-Line:
> create keyspace MyKeySpace with placement_strategy = 'org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy'
and strategy_options = [{replication_factor:2}];

> I get this error: Internal error processing system_add_keyspace
>
> My syntax is correct for creating the keyspace (I think) because I got it from the "help
create keyspace;" examples from the CMD-line.

> Cassandra system log shows:
> ERROR [pool-2-thread-1] 2011-05-11 22:52:04,577 Cassandra.java (line 3918) Internal error
processing system_add_keyspace
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.join(Ljava/util/Collection;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer.applyMigrationOnStage(CassandraServer.java:793)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer.system_add_keyspace(CassandraServer.java:881)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor$system_add_keyspace.process(Cassandra.java:3912)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor.process(Cassandra.java:2889)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CustomTThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(CustomTThreadPoolServer.java:187)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
> Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.join(Ljava/util/Collection;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:222)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:83)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer.applyMigrationOnStage(CassandraServer.java:785)
>         ... 7 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.join(Ljava/util/Collection;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
>         at org.apache.cassandra.config.KSMetaData.toString(KSMetaData.java:114)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.db.migration.AddKeyspace.toString(AddKeyspace.java:94)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.db.migration.Migration.apply(Migration.java:119)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer$2.call(CassandraServer.java:778)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>         ... 3 more
> ERROR [MigrationStage:1] 2011-05-11 22:52:04,580 AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 112)
Fatal exception in thread Thread[MigrationStage:1,5,main]