cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure internode encryption in 0.8.0?
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 15:10:21 GMT
I'll CC Nirmal Ranganathan who implemented the internode encryption who might be able to give
you some advice on this.

On May 17, 2011, at 7:47 PM, Sameer Farooqui wrote:

> Thanks for the link, Jeremy.
>
> I generated the keystore and truststore for inter-node communication using the link in
the YAML file:
> http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/JSSERefGuide.html#CreateKeystore
>
> Unfortunately, the default instructions in the above link used TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA.
So, when I start Cassandra now, I get this error:

> ERROR 00:10:38,734 Exception encountered during startup.
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot support TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA
 with currently installed providers
>         at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.CipherSuiteList.<init>(CipherSuiteList.j
     ava:79)
>         at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLServerSocketImpl.setEnabledCipherSuit
 es(SSLServerSocketImpl.java:166)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.security.SSLFactory.getServerSocket(SSLFactory.j
 ava:55)

> The YAML file states that the cipher suite for authentication should be: TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA.
>
> This is my first time using keytool and I've searched the web to see how I can change
the cipher from AES_256 to AES_128, but haven't found the answer.