cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Bointon <mar...@synchromedia.co.uk>
Subject Re: problem in starting the cassandra single node setup
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 09:06:28 GMT
On 30 May 2011, at 10:59, Amrita Jayakumar wrote:

> I am new to cassandra. I am trying to start the Cassandra single node setup using the
command
> bin/cassandra -f. But there is no response from the prompt.. this is what it shows

I'm new to this too, but I think you're looking at the wrong thing. cassandra -f is not an
interactive mode, it just runs the server in the foreground and shows you log output, which
is useful for debugging server config. The output you have looks like it's working fine. You
need to start another terminal and connect to it from a cassandra client.

Marcus