cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Migrating all rows from 0.6.13 to 0.7.5 over thrift?
Date Sat, 07 May 2011 23:25:58 GMT
I remembered something like that so had a look at RangeSliceResponseResolver.resolve()  in
0.6.12 and it looks like it schedules the repairs...

            protected Row getReduced()
            {
                ColumnFamily resolved = ReadResponseResolver.resolveSuperset(versions);
                ReadResponseResolver.maybeScheduleRepairs(resolved, table, key, versions,
versionSources);
                versions.clear();
                versionSources.clear();
                return new Row(key, resolved);
            }

Is that right?

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 8 May 2011, at 00:48, Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> range_slices respects consistencylevel, but only single-row reads and
> multiget do the *repair* part of RR.
>
> On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 1:44 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
>> get_range_slices() does read repair if enabled (checked DoConsistencyChecksBoolean
in the config, it's on by default) so you should be getting good reads. If you want belt-and-braces
run nodetool repair first.

>> Hope that helps.
>>

>> On 7 May 2011, at 11:46, Jeremy Hanna wrote:
>>
>>> Great!  I just wanted to make sure you were getting the information you needed.

could migrate a few thousand rows per second, which means that migrating all of our data would
take a few minutes, and we'll end up with pristine datafiles for the new cluster. Problem
solved!

that you all can repeat this and hopefully fix it.

to driftx or jbellis or aaron_morton about your problem.  It could be that you don't have
to do all of this based on a conversation there.

other system (so you know can check referential integrity while you are at it). Dump the data
to flat file.

dump and reload if you've done nothing wrong is not the best solution. I'll try to find some
time this weekend to test with:

user group or my email address.

rows stored that have unicode keys, and Cassandra 0.7.5 thinks those rows in the sstables
are corrupt, and it seems impossible to clean it up without losing data.

now looking at building a simple tool that will copy all rows from our 0.6.3 cluster to a
parallell 0.7.5 cluster. Our question is now how to do that and ensure that we actually get
all rows migrated? It's a pretty small cluster, 3 machines, a single keyspace, a singke columnfamily,
~2 million rows, a few GB of data, and a replication factor of 3.

entire token space? We also have all row keys in a secondary system, would it be better to
use that and make calls to get_multi or get_multi_slices instead? Are we correct in assuming
that if we use the consistencylevel ALL we'll get all rows?