cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Measure Latency
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 03:46:06 GMT
Once the cluster has returned to the client you know the write has been committed to Consistency
Level  number of nodes.

i.e. If you send an insert using QUORUM consistency to a cluster with Replication Factor 3,
and you get a non error response you know the write has occurred on at least 2 nodes (one
may be the one the client is connected to.)

After the initial request has completed it's up the "Eventual Consistency" features of Read
Repair, Hinted Handoff and Anti-Entropy to distribute changes.

Does that help or are you thinking of something else?
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com