cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Tataranu <gabr...@wajam.com>
Subject Re: Excessive allocation during hinted handoff
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 14:17:47 GMT

> I'm assuming the two nodes are the ones receiving the HH after they were down.

Adjacent, so yes.

> Are there a lot of hints collected while they are down ? you can check the HintedHandOffManager
MBean in JConsole

There wasn't any downtime - that's something else that's weird.

> What does the TPStats look like on the nodes under pressure ? And how many nodes are
delivering hints to the nodes when they restart?

TPStats do show activity on the HH. I'll have some examples latter if
the nodes decide to do this again.

> Finally hinted_handoff_throttle_delay_in_ms in conf/cassandra.yaml will let you slow
down the delivery rate if HH is indeed the problem.

That's useful info. Thanks.

Best,

Gabriel