cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Unable to add columns to empty row in Column family: Cassandra
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 09:03:30 GMT
If your are still having problems can you say what version, how many nodes, what RF, what CL
and if after inserting and failing on the first get it works on a subsequent get.

Thanks
Aaron

On 3 May 2011, at 18:54, chovatia jaydeep wrote:

> One small correction in my mail below.
> Second insertion time-stamp has to be greater than delete time-stamp in-order to retrieve
the data.

> Thank you,
> Jaydeep

so, then please check the time-stamp when you reinserted after delete operation. Your second
insertion time-stamp has to be greater than the previous insertion.

> Thank you,
> Jaydeep

The problem I am facing currently is as follows:

> 1) I added a row and columns in it dynamically via Thrift API Client
> 2) Next, I used command line client to delete row which actually deleted all the columns
in it, leaving empty row with original row id.