I've looked over the Pelops code again and I really can't see how it could be at fault here...

--
Dan Washusen

On Wednesday, 13 April 2011 at 3:20 AM, Stephen McKamey wrote:

[I wrote this Apr 10, 2011 at 12:09 but my message seems to have gotten lost along the way.]

I use Pelops (the 1.0-0.7.x build from the Github Maven repo) and have occasionally seen this message (under load or during GC). I have a test app running in two separate single-threaded processes doing a slow trickle insert into a single Cassandra 0.7.4 node all on the same box (Mac OS X).

This has been running off and on for over a week with no exceptions and I just this same error about two hours ago. Both client processes experienced it at about the same time, and it seemed related to a GC/compaction on the Cassandra instance.

I'm guessing that it is either actually a read timeout on the clients, or (less likely) somehow the Cassandra instance mixed up the two responses?