Hey Aaron,

Thank you for your kind answer.
This is a test server, the production serveur (single instance at the moment) has 8 Gb (or 12 Go not decided yet) of RAM. But with it there are other things running such as :

Solr, Redis, PostGreSQL, Tomcat. The total take up to 1 Gb of RAM when running and loaded.  I do a personal open source project and I am a student so I don't have a lot of money, but to be clear Cassandra is used as a "safe" where I keep all the information. These informations are then distributed to Redis, PostGreSQL and SolR so they can be exploited then redistributed to the users of the website. My concern is : is Cassandra going to be able to live in 7 Go of RAM ? Or should I go for 12 (then 11 Go) ?

My last concern and for me it is a flaw for Cassandra and I am sad to admit it because I love cassandra : how come that for 6Mb of data, Cassandra feels the need to fill 500 Mb of RAM ? I can understand the need for, let's say, 100 Mo because of cache and several Memtable being alive at the same time. But 500 Mb of ram is 80 time the total amount of data I have. redis that you mentionned uses 50 Mb.

Victor.