cassandra-user mailing list archives

From tinhuty he <tinh...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: cluster IP question and Jconsole?
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:54:44 GMT
Maki,

Yes you are right, 8081 is mx4j port, the JMX_PORT is 8001 in the
cassandra-env.sh.

in the cassandra Linux server itself, I can run this successfully:
nodetool -host xxxxx -p 8001 ring
xxxxx is the actually IP address

however when I run the same command in another windows machine(which has the
cassandra windows version extracted), I am getting exception like below, one
thing puzzled me is that the command trying to connect to ip xxxxx, but the
exception claimed: "Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1". Is there
anything else that I need to config or...? I guess this is probably the
reason that jconsole can't connect to port 8001 remotely either? Thanks for
any advice!

D:\apache-cassandra-0.7.4\bin>nodetool -host xxxxx -p 8001 ring
Starting NodeTool
Error connection to remote JMX agent!
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested
exception is:
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl_Stub.newClient(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.getConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(Unknown Source)
        at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeProbe.connect(NodeProbe.java:137)
        at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeProbe.<init>(NodeProbe.java:107)
        at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeCmd.main(NodeCmd.java:511)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)
        ... 11 more