cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Drew Kutcharian <d...@venarc.com>
Subject Re: raid 0 and ssd
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 05:02:12 GMT
RAID 0 is the fastest, but you'll lose the whole array if you lose a drive. One thing to keep
in mind is that SSDs get slower as they get filled up and closer to their capacity due to
garbage collection.

If you want more info on how SSDs perform in general, Percona guys have done extensive tests.
(In addition to comparing all the raid levels and etc.

http://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/benchmark:ssd:start

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2009/05/01/raid-vs-ssd-vs-fusionio/ (see the "RELATED
SEARCHES" on the right side too)

- Drew

On Apr 13, 2011, at 9:42 PM, Anurag Gujral wrote:

> Hi All,
>            We are using three ssd disks with cassandra 0.7.3 , should we set them as
raid0 .What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this.