cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dan Washusen <...@reactive.org>
Subject Re: RE: batch_mutate failed: out of sequence response
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:22:19 GMT
I've looked over the Pelops code again and I really can't see how it could be at fault here...

--
Dan Washusen
On Wednesday, 13 April 2011 at 3:20 AM, Stephen McKamey wrote:
> [I wrote this Apr 10, 2011 at 12:09 but my message seems to have gotten lost along the
way.]

> I use Pelops (the 1.0-0.7.x build from the Github Maven repo) and have occasionally seen
this message (under load or during GC). I have a test app running in two separate single-threaded
processes doing a slow trickle insert into a single Cassandra 0.7.4 node all on the same box
(Mac OS X).

> This has been running off and on for over a week with no exceptions and I just this same
error about two hours ago. Both client processes experienced it at about the same time, and
it seemed related to a GC/compaction on the Cassandra instance.

> I'm guessing that it is either actually a read timeout on the clients, or (less likely)
somehow the Cassandra instance mixed up the two responses?

>  On Fri, Apr 8 2011 at 07:28, Dan Washusen <dan@reactive.org> wrote:
> > Dan Hendry mentioned that he sees these errors. Is he also using Pelops? From his
comment about retrying I'd assume not...