cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: repair never completes with "finished successfully"
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:15:45 GMT
Do you see a message starting "Repair session " and ending with "completed successfully" ?

Or do you see any streaming activity using "nodetool netstats"

Repair can hang if a neighbour dies and fails to send a requested stream. It will timeout
after 24 hours (I think).

Aaron

On 12 Apr 2011, at 23:39, Karl Hiramoto wrote:

> On 12/04/2011 13:31, Jonathan Colby wrote:
>> There are a few other threads related to problems with the nodetool repair in 0.7.4.
 However I'm not seeing any errors, just never getting a message that the repair completed
successfully.

>> In my production and test cluster (with just a few MB data)  the repair nodetool
prompt never returns and the last entry in the cassandra.log is always something like:

>> #<TreeRequest manual-repair-f739ca7a-bef8-4683-b249-09105f6719d9, /10.46.108.102,
(DFS,main)>  completed successfully: 1 outstanding