cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Different result after restart
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:40:05 GMT
Checking the simple things first, are you using the o.a.c.service.EmbeddedCassandraService
or  the o.a.c.EmbeddedServer in the unit test directory ? The later deletes data, but it does
not sound like you are using it.

When the server starts it should read any commit logs, roll them forward and then flush all
the changes to SSTables. Which will result in the log files been deleted from disk, and you
should see INFO level log messages that say "Discarding obsolete commit log:..."

Do you get new SSTables written at start up ?

If you wanted to confirm the data was there take a look at bin/sstable2json

Hope that helps.
Aaron

On 20 Apr 2011, at 23:00, Desimpel, Ignace wrote:

> Cassandra version 0.7.4
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m storing (no deletion) in a small test some records to an embedded Cassandra instance.
> Then I connect using Thrift and I can retrieve the data as excepted.
>
> Then I restart the server with the embedded Cassandra, reconnect using Thrift but now
the same query gives me no results at all.
> After restart the commitlog directory get cleared leaving only a small log and a small
log.header file. The data directory for the keyspace is still present together with the db
files corresponding the column families.