cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra node throws NPE on startup
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 21:02:11 GMT
I've not heard of it happening in a production system.

The commit log and the schema have diverged, that does not normally happen.

Aaron

On 29 Apr 2011, at 20:54, Subscriber wrote:

> But isn't their a better way than to delete the commitlogs?
> What do I do when this happens in a productive system?
>
> Ciao
> Udo
>
> Am 29.04.2011 um 02:07 schrieb aaron morton:
>
>> Thought you may have re-created the schema.
>>
>> Kill the process like that should be ok, let us know if you get the error again.

>> Aaron
>>
>> On 29 Apr 2011, at 02:56, Subscriber wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Aaron,
>>>
>>> what exactly do you mean?
>>> I restarted the cluster by calling
>>>
>>> 	> bin/cassandra -p pid.file
>>>
>>> on all three nodes. The first node is the (only) seed.
>>>
>>> Udo

setup yesterday as a fresh installation (no upgrade).
how cassandra works together with hadoop's map/reduce feature).

for a first wordcount m/r example ;-) I killed all nodes and restarted the cluster.

which is in resolution "cannot reproduce".