cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Dawrani <>
Subject Re: How to change the seed node used to discover other nodes in the ring?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 16:10:45 GMT
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Nate McCall <> wrote:

> It will work as long as thrift and gossip are bound to the same
> interface. The discovery server in Hector also uses the
> CassandraHostConfigurator#getPort for the port in constructing the
> host URL.

Can you please elaborate a little in terms of cassandra.yaml settings so I
can check whether thrift and gossip are bound to the same interface in my
case or not?

Here are what I think are the relevant settings:

rpc_port: 9160

# Addresses of hosts that are deemed contact points.
# Cassandra nodes use this list of hosts to find each other and learn
# the topology of the ring.  You must change this if you are running
# multiple nodes!
    - <name of the host our single DB node runs right now>

View raw message